Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Rated:TP for Task Persistence

This evening we watched a great hockey game. My son's team had made it to the 3rd round with one loss, meaning one more loss and we were out. It has been a struggle this season, this kids just never quite connected on the ice and it has shown in our game play but they kept at it and we saw our best games this past week. Tonight was no exception. Regular time ended in a 2-2 tie. Still tied after 2 minutes of 4-on-4 and still after another 2 minutes of 3-on-3 and one round of 2-on-2. The parents were so high strung by this time, especially the goalie's mom, and so proud of how our kids were playing. They never quit. It didn't matter how tired they were they were determined and quite literally goal oriented. 6 more minutes on the clock and more 2-on-2 play. We cheered them to the end and even though the result was a loss for us the kids taught us a lesson in task persistence.

I began to consider where in my life I could use a littleTP:
- my coursework 
- my house work, especially laundry
- potty training my youngest
- writing this blog
- intentionally building into my kids daily (I have a phrase that I am doing my best to say to each of them everyday "you are smart, you are kind, you are strong, you are loved.")

Apparently, this is a lesson I needed and I am going to put to practice. I anticipate this will have a positive impact on my daily life.

What areas of your life could use a little TP?

No comments:

Post a Comment