Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Oh happy day!

We experienced a beautiful sunny mild spring kind of day. I have been longing for this weather as we have had a very long cold snowy winter. I even got two short walks in today as my daughter had a friend's birthday party to attend and with the moderate temps it was close enough to walk. I was wishing I had thought to wear my rubber boots half way back though as my runners got wet through with the rivers of melting snow. 

The best part of the day was that I found enough motivation to give the kids rooms a good cleaning and made a decent start on the rest of the house too. I have several big projects I would like to complete this spring so I am trying to apply some of that task persistence I talked about yesterday to my weekly cleaning to make time for project work.

Our schedule was a little off today with my focus on cleaning as well as adapting to the time change. As much as I love the refreshment spring brings, I am not a fan of loosing an hour of sleep or of trying to reset the internal clocks of 4 children and myself. In anticipation of a possible rough start to tomorrow, we sat down with the kids after dinner and reminded them of the expectations we have of them for morning routines. We also discussed their after school routines to address some concerns with the report cards that came home Friday and to combat the resurgence of screen time as the activity of choice.

All of this made for a happy day that I hope carries over into the rest of the week.

What ideas do you have to intentionally put happiness into your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment