Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Children, Cakes, & Crochet

Life as it is at this moment is comprised of these three things.

In addition to my own three children, I have three others I watch at various times each week. This adds some interesting dynamics some days but we all learn from these interations. My coping mechanism when things get crazy in this area of life is to keep my sense of humor and look for the best moments of each day.

Cakes are something that have become a part of my life to build relationship with my sister. She does decorating but does not enjoy the baking part so I am doing that part for her. Last year I think we did 15 cakes and are already on our second one of 2011. The hard part is sometimes getting the cakes done at a reasonable hour while working around all of our family's activities.

This last year I started into a new hobby that I hope will return a profit. I took up crochet and am loving it. Most projects I am currently choosing to do dont take more than a couple of hours so there is a real sense of accomplishment. I like crochet better than some other things as it is fairly easy to pick up and put down as needed (such as if I am working on a project over nap time and somebody decides to wake up early).

Right now I would say these are some of my favorite things as they all fulfill me in different ways, teach me something new, and present unique challenges.

I love life!

No comments:

Post a Comment