Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Countdowns

Some events you look forward to with anticipation and joy and others with trepidation and worry but either way, you are likely counting down to the event. Thoughout my life, there have been many events I remember counting down to: birthdays, holidays, family visits, end of summer vacation, exams, graduation, my wedding. Right now, I am counting again; however, this time, there are several things happening within what feels like a shorter amount of time with each passing day.

Last time I wrote, I used the title Starting in the middle of things. Those things have come to a close today and now we are at a new begining. We passed on possesion of our previous house at noon today and thus marks the begining of our wait for the next several life events we will encounter.

I have given my notice at work and as of today have 6 weeks until I am done (count down item number 1). Today also marks 8 weeks until we get possession of our new house (item number 2) and as of tomorrow, I will be at the 30 week marker of this pregnancy (count down item number 3) making it 10 weeks until baby is due to arrive. There are moments where these events seem so distant and unobtainable and then there are others when it feels like they will all come crashing down on me any moment. There are work things to finish up and house planning to do and when your accomodations are temporary, it is hard to feel like you can prepare for a baby.

We are very blessed to have plenty of wonderful family close at hand who are willing to help us every step of the way. We are living with my in-laws while we are with out house and my mom was busy scrubbing my toilets this week to help clean the house we moved out of. Last week when we were out of town for a hockey tournament my sister drove in from out of town to be with us and give me an extra set of hands, my parents came to and I ended up having a rather relaxing weekend. My brother in-laws helped with the lifting and moving which I am so very greatful for.

Here we stand poised on the edge of all things new so, let the countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment